Thursday, July 16, 2009

Christy Poff

Hi, Christy. Thanks for agreeing to chat with Enchanting Reviews about your books. We are so excited about getting to know you better.

1. When did you decide to become an author and why? Do you have an author that mentors you?
Over the years I tried to write but nothing really worked. One day, we took a family trip to Gettysburg, an idea took hold and out came CHASE FOR AN ANGEL, the first in the Hastings Saga series. As to a mentor, I've had help from other authors but we all differ in style so much that I've been able to go my way and create my style.

2. Please tell us about your favorite book that you have published and what makes it special to you?
That's a very hard question to answer because all the characters are a part of me. They have one thing in common which makes them special to me and that's their drive and desire to make their relationships work no matter what obstacles they face.

3. How do you come your with your characters and/or plot? Are any of them based loosely on real people in your life?
The plots come to me in the strangest places and times, then the characters evolve. They are all loosely based on real people in my life and in the world because I have something to picture while I write the book.

4. Do you have any superstitions or rituals when writing?
I'm really not all that superstitious though I don't trust having everything solely on the computer - I have back-ups on top of back-ups so I don't lose anything. I don't have a set writing schedule - things happening in my life won't allow that. My ritual is that I write everything out longhand on a steno pad before I enter it into the computer. Inspiration comes from where I am, something that happens, a song - I'm spur of the moment.

5. How long did it take you to get your first book published?
It took me about two years to get my first book published and even then, it wasn't the one I had been submitting. I tried going through a friend's publisher then several others until I signed with one who took my first half dozen, then closed. I contacted Whiskey Creek Press, they saved my “orphans” and the rest is history, so to speak.

6. The 'Internet Bonds' series has a great following; how did you research the BDSM in this series? Is there anything you write about that you would not try?
I've done some reading on BDSM after my interest was born years ago thanks to HBO and a series they had on called REAL SEX. I do a lot of research on the internet and as to trying - that's my little secret. <>

7. What do you like to do when you are not writing?
I read and love to go to Civil War battlefields or historical sites.

8. If you were stranded on a deserted island with only 3 books, what would they be?
One would be a dictionary as long as I had something to write on but if I didn't - one would have to be by Jackie Collins (title doesn't matter), a collection of Sherlock Holmes stories and GUILTY PLEASURES by Laurell K. Hamilton.

9. Which couple that you have written is your favorite and why? Can you describe them using only 3 words?
Andrew and Jessie because they are always with me. They came to me first and I've been able to add to their story and their descendants. In three words - loving, strong, perfect.

10. What is your favorite season or time of day?
It's a toss up between spring and fall and I love sunset to twilight or midnight with a harvest moon.

11. What do you like least about writing?
At this point, absolutely nothing. I love what I do - plain and simple.

12. Can you give us a sneak peak into what you are writing now? Or a hint of what is upcoming?
I'm working on a historical which, of course, takes place during the Civil War and a vampire tale.

13. Is there anything else you would like to share with Enchanting Reviews and your readers?
I really appreciate this chance to share a little about myself and my writing. The success of 'The Internet Bonds' series and the 'Eyes of Darkness's series never ceases to amaze me and I appreciate everyone's support.

Thank you so much for your candor in answering our questions. We can't wait to review more work from you in the near future! Thanks again for choosing Enchanting Reviews.

Thank you Dawn.

Interviewed by dawn
August 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment