Thursday, July 9, 2009

Liz Andrews

Hi, Liz. Thanks for agreeing to chat with Enchanting Reviews about your books. We are so excited about getting to know you better.

1. When did you decide to become an author and why?
I had always wanted to write, but had never done it. My good friend, Lena Matthews convinced me to write a story with her and the rest, they say, is history. I started writing with her in the Fall of 2004 and our first book published together, LOGAN’S TEMPTATION, came out in April 2005.

2. Who is a writer that you admire and would like to get to know better?
My favorite book of all time is 'To Kill a Mockingbird' and I’d love to meet Harper Lee.

3. WOUNDED HEARTS was a wonderful story about our country's military men and women. Is there a particular reason you wrote about that situation?
My neighbor’s husband was stationed in Iraq for over a year and when he returned home he had a hard time adjusting being back with his family. Unfortunately they divorced, but I started thinking about how much a woman might fight for the man she loved, even if she didn’t understand his trauma. That led to WOUNDED HEARTS.

4. Do you have a set schedule for when you write? Do you have any superstitions or rituals when writing? Anything in particular that inspires you?
I work a full time day job, so I write in the evenings and weekends. Since a number of my books are co-authored with Lena Matthews we often write together. I don’t have any particular superstitions, although I can’t seem to write if I can’t discuss it with Lena. We have become one another’s muses.

5. How long did it take you to get your first book published? How did you go about picking an agent and/or publisher?
Lena and I submitted LOGAN’S TEMPTATION to two publishers and we heard back from one of the publishers in about a month and contracted with Loose Id.

6. Please tell us about your favorite book that you have published and what makes it special to you?
I actually have a few favorites. I love LOGAN’S TEMPTATION because it was my first, but WOUNDED HEARTS is very close to my heart because it was one of the first I did completely on my own. I also love SHADOW OF MOONLIGHT, the second story in our werewolf series. It isn’t published yet, but is coming in September.

7. Which couple that you have written is your favorite and why? Is there a hero and/or heroine that you would like to revisit or rewrite in a few years?
I really love Erin and Patrick in WOUNDED HEARTS because they were vulnerable characters who each had their own flaws, but were able to fight their way to love. I also love Remy and Jace in SHADOW OF MOONLIGHT. I love their relationship and it is definitely one I would love to write a second story about.

8. If you had to describe your writing to someone using only 3 words, what would they be?Steamy erotic romance.

9. What do you like to do when you are not writing?
I was a reader before becoming an author and I still love to read whenever I get the chance.

10. What is one item that you could not live without? What is your favorite junk food?
I couldn’t live without my computer or phone. I know that’s two items, but really I couldn’t really live without either one. My favorite junk food is probably ice cream.

11. Do you prefer to wear dresses or slacks?
Usually slacks, although I am slowly being converted to skirts.

12. Tell us about a favorite birthday memory?
Actually, I’m turning forty this year, so I have plans to make this birthday my best ever.

13. If you were stranded on a deserted island with only 3 books, what would they be?
The Idiots Guide to Surviving on a Desert Island, How to Build a Raft, and How to Make Your Own Sex Toy Out of a Coconut

14. How do you do your research for the BDSM in your books? How did you discover the dominant/submissive world? Is there anything you write about that you would not try?
There are a lot of local as well as online groups to research BDSM issues. I know people in the lifestyle and have discovered a lot just by asking questions. I probably would never have sex with a werewolf, but other than that I’m pretty open to anything, LOL.

15. If we were having this interview in a person, what restaurant would you choose and what would you order?
I would choose a local Mediterranean restaurant and I would order the Chicken and Rice. Too good for words.

16. Can you give us a sneak peek into what you are writing now? Or a hint of what is up-coming?
SHADOW OF MOONLIGHT, co-authored with Lena Matthews will release on September 12th at Ellora’s Cave.Remington is a solider first and a woman second. She’s fought hard to earn her place as Venator for her pack. The safety of her Benandanti comes first, even before her own wants and desires. There isn’t a Were alive who can make her feel any differently. Then again, Jace McClellen isn’t an ordinary Werewolf.Thanks to the roll of the genetic dice, Jace possesses all the strength of a Werewolf but not the ability to change. Instead he’s been given the annoying talent to dream a fortune-cookie future. A future filled with more questions than answers and a dream sidekick who aggravates more than he helps.The one thing he doesn’t need his visions to tell him is he and Remington are meant to be together. She is his mate, whether she wants to admit it or not. The determined Werewolf is as beautiful as she is stubborn, and despite what she thinks, all his. Now the only thing he has to do is convince Remington.I also have a Halloween story releasing at Ellora’s Cave entitled HANKIE PANKIE about a couple who visit a BDSM club for an eye opening Halloween Party.I am working on a story for Veteran’s Day for Loose Id. It’s an inter-racial military story about a man coming home injured and in pain, both physically and emotionally, and the carefree woman he meets skinny dipping in his pool.Finally, Lena Matthews and I are working on a multicultural ménage story for Loose Id entitled BODY AND SOUL. It’s Nichelle’s story and is loosely related to the Redemption Series.

17. Is there anything else about you that you would like to share with Enchanting Reviews and your readers?
I love to hear from all my readers, so please don’t hesitate to email me at msliz@lizandrews.net.

Thank you so much for your candor in answering our questions. I love your answers to question 13, and you are definitely on for Mediterranean sometime (yum!)! We can't wait to review more work from you in the near future! Thanks again for choosing Enchanting Reviews.

Interviewed by dawn
August 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment